Friday 24 August 2018

90. Installation Court and Farewell– 9 July


My final task as Master was to chair the Installation Court Meeting held this year at the Stationers’ Hall. It was a great pleasure to admit Graham Howells and Guy Titman as Court Assistants and also to get approval for Nigel Cartwright to continue on the Court for a further year. The Court also approved the installation of our Chaplain, the Rev. Rose Hudson-Wilkin, as an Honorary Freeman of the Company.

The Court meeting having been adjourned, under the direction of our Beadle and our Clerk the ceremony of Installation took place were I handed over the reins to the new Master, Simon Catford.

I have had a fantastic year representing the Company to the best of my ability at many functions. It was a pleasure to work with the Officers and Wardens and hopefully at least maintain the Company in good stead. My grateful thanks go to Ralph Riley, the Deputy Master, Past Masters and all the Officers, Wardens and Members of the Company for their support and encouragement during the year. My thanks also go to Sandra and my immediate family for their support and for putting up with my absences attending the many functions.

I shall of course continue working to the best of my ability for the Company as required as Deputy Master. Thankfully I do not have to write any more Blogs which, like these last ones, have mostly been written somewhat behind time! Thank you David Richards for your speed in getting them on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment